Xmas Elves Needed
2014 CHRISTMAS ELF PROJECT!
According to our calculations, we will reach 1065 children. This is divided as follows:
* 13 Pediatric Oncology Hospital Wards, including every hospital’s oncology clinic
* 1 Place of Safety housing Children with Cancer
* Angus Warriors: Teens with Cancer
* 100 Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Families, including the siblings of the Child who has Cancer
We will aim to provide December Holidays Grocery Hampers to 60 Individual Childhood Cancer affected Families.
What we have at the moment is:
* 152 Santa Clause Hats.
* Kargo National (Pty) Ltd will provide FREE transport of all the goods, once we have packed the goods for each province, to our representatives who will do the deliveries.
So yes. we are in need of a LOT to make this happen. We did it last year with NO FUNDS.
We will do it again this year, but we can only do it with YOU jumping in and helping us.
What we need in donations:
* 1065 Christmas Gifts for children aged between 1 and 18. (New gifts, please no second hand due to high infection danger in children with cancer. PLEASE DO NOT WRAP THE GIFTS)
* 1065 Snack Packs, containing: Lays Crisps, Small boxed fruit juice, Soft chewy sweets, Christmas cracker in a Ziplock bag
* 913 Santa Clause hats
* 1065 Large gift Bags
* A LOT of groceries
* Financial contributions for fresh produce to add to non-perishable groceries
The Hospitals are:
* Red Cross Children’s Hospital W/C
* Tygerberg Hospital W/C
* Angus will cover more hospitals in the Cape Metropole
* Dora Nginza E/C
* St George’s E/C
* Albert Luthuli KZN
* Parklands KZN
* Grey’s KZN
* JNB Gen GP
* Donald Gordon GP
* Steve Biko GP
* Unitas PG
* Universitas FS
The Place of Safety is in Cape Town.
The Families are literally spread across the country.
We have confirmed our first DROP OFF POINTS for the Christmas Elf Project!
Please remember, all of our volunteers and representatives have full-time jobs, so they cannot always answer their phones if you call during office hours. They will get back to you as soon as they are able to, if you send an email, whatsapp message or sms.
Cell: 083 327 5250
Cell: 082 471 4754
Cell: 076 252 6965
Cell: 076 656 4403
Cape Town Southern Suburbs
Nazley Payne/ Cape Royal Golf Club
Cell: 083 425 0890
Cape Town Northern Suburbs:
Cell: 083 275 5895
As we have more drop off points confirming across the country, we will update this list.
You can also make a financial contribution, please reference with XMASELF
The banking details are:
Little Fighters Cancer Organization
FNB Paarl Mall
Account Number: 622 777 83 249
Branch Code: 250057
This is a HUGE Project, and we ask that the general public as well as businesses get behind us to make it happen. For companies, Section 18A Tax Certificates as well as Level 4 B-BEE Scoring.
If you are willing and able to jump in, and until November 7th, help us as an LFCT Christmas Elf, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 863 0249 / 073 729 6155.
Deliveries will take place in the last week of November and first two weeks in December.
Thank you so very much, in advance. May your blessings be returned to you manifold. Most of you might never know what receiving a Christmas gift of groceries for your family means for most of our Little Fighters and their Families.
If you want to touch the past, touch a rock.
If you want to touch the present, touch a flower.
If you want to touch the future, touch a life.
~ Unknown ~
Posted on 15 October, 2014, in Blog, News & Events and tagged 2014 Christmas Elf Project, 2014 Xmas Elf Project, Angus Warriors, Child Cancer Awareness, childhood cancer, Childhood Cancer Awareness, Christmas Elf, Christmas Elf Project, LFCT, Little Fighters, Little Fighters Cancer Trust, Pediatric Oncology Hospital Wards, Place of Safety housing Children with Cancer, south africa, Xmas Elf Project. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.