Ooooooohhhhh… just popped over to the (MASA) Coffee Shop on FaceBook and found some lovely WIPs (Works in Progress) there for the MASA “Butterflies for Kids with Cancer” Project.
This project is in support of Little Fighters Cancer Trust and is running from March until the end of August, when the Top 10 (20) will be chosen and submitted to LFCT to raise additional funds by auction or raffles. The balance of the mosaics will be put up in paediatric oncology wards all over the country to brighten up the wards a bit with beautiful colourful butterflies.
Here are some of the WIPs
Cher Manning posted this shot of her beautiful gold butterfly
Butterfly for Kids with Cancer Project: WIP
… and here is the finished product, posted 2 days later – how AWESOME is that Gold for Childhood Cancer?
Cher Manning’s gold butterfly for the MASA “Butterflies for Kids with Cancer” project
These were posted by Daphne Bennett
This is a sample I’m working on for the Butterfly Project for LFCT … needing grout. The gold ribbon is for childhood cancer and the little angel is on all our projects for the Magalies Mosaic Morning Angels
PRETTY IN PINK by Daphne Bennet (Hartebeespoort)
Another sample … we’re going to have fun with this project
5 Year old Marree made this butterfly with the help of her granny, but has decided not to donate this one but will rather make another one. After all, charity begins at home!
Jénis Mosaics posted this one
Playing at soul birds with glass shards…. this one is part of a charity project to support Little Fighters Cancer Trust – children with cancer.
Jénis Mosaics wrote:
Playing at soul birds with glass shards…. this one is part of a charity project to support Little Fighters Cancer Trust – children with cancer. If you’d like to participate by creating and donating a butterfly, I’m hosting a workshop on Saturday 9th May in Parkview Johannesburg.
Please note that there are MANY other workshops being held for this project – Nationally… for the experienced and those who have never mosaiced in their lives before!
Find a workshop in your area below or by visiting the MASA Website.
Please contact the host directly for more information:
- DURBANVILLE (CAPE TOWN) – Karin Stanford : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- FISH HOEK (CAPE TOWN) – Wendy Whitaker : R200 DIY Kit available
- OTTERY (CAPE TOWN) – Jos de Freitos : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- STELLENBOSCH (WESTERN CAPE) – Charnelle Skipp : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- MONTAGUE GARDENS (CAPE TOWN) – Jacqui Charles : Workshop and materials available.
- BOKSBURG (GAUTENG) – Yolanda Myer : Workshop R130 (Includes wood, tile, glue and grout. We will help the participants on the day of the workshop with design and layout, and will not charge the additional class fee.
- FOURWAYS (GAUTENG) – Nicky Jansen van Vuuren : R175 DIY Kits or Work Party (Bring your own materials) R30
- MIDRAND/KYALAMI (GAUTENG) – Charmaine Oosthuizen : Butterfly kits available @ R195 each, materials available or enjoy a Work Party (Bring your own materials).
- NIGEL (EAST RAND) – Toinette van der Westhuizen : Materials available)
- PARKVIEW (JOHANNESBURG) – Jennifer Hirsch : Work Party (Bring your own materials)
- MEYERSPARK (PRETORIA) – Ursula Janke : Workshop and Materials available
- ZWAVELPOORT (PRETORIA) – Cher Manning : Workshop and Materials Available
- EMALAHLENI (WITBANK, MPUMALANGA) – Henriette van Nieuwenhuizen : Materials available
- HARTEBEESPOORT (NORTH WEST PROVINCE) – Daphne Bennett : Work Party (Bring your own materials)
- KLOOF (KZN) – Sheila Nichol : Work Party (Bring your own materials or materials available)
- EAST LONDON (EASTERN CAPE) – Lorna Gardner (Materials available)
Phone: 082 923 2299