Christmas Elves Needed
Would YOU like to become a member of Santa’s Most Special Team of Helpers this year, so that the Little Fighters Cancer Trust can make Christmas time special for our Children with Cancer and their Families?
As per normal at this time of the year, we are looking for Christmas Elves to help us with gathering a range of fantastic goodies to fill the stockings of our Little Fighters and their Families.
LFCT currently has in excess of ONE HUNDRED individual Childhood Cancer Affected Families registered.
We aim to provide the same gift, plus a snack-pack, to every single Little Fighter and all of his/her siblings for Christmas (we include gifts for the siblings because the parents of Children with Cancer can generally not afford gifts for any of their children, and siblings already lose out on so much due to the high physical, emotional and financial costs of cancer that the whole family suffers that they also need to be spoiled).
As a 2016 LFCT Christmas Elf, you will help Santa collect everything we need to be able to:
• Gift a nice age and gender-appropriate Christmas Present to as many Children with Cancer in hospital wards across South Africa as possible during the three weeks before Christmas.
• Add a Snack Pack with the following items in it to every Gift we hand out: Lays Crisps, Small Boxed Fruit Juice, Small Packet Maynards Soft Chewy Sweets, Small Chocolate Bar, Fizzer, Lolli-Pop, Christmas Cracker, Santa Hat – all packed in a 250x320mm Ziploc Bag
• Provide as many of our Families as possible with a full month’s worth of groceries, toiletries and cleaning materials in the run-up to Christmas so that they do not need to worry about the basics of life during this period.
As a Little Fighters Cancer Trust Christmas Elf, you commit to:
• Make an effort to use your personal and/or business contacts to collect NEW toys, snacks, non-perishable food, cleaning materials and toiletries.
• You will volunteer as a drop-off point for members of the public from our social media platforms that want to contribute.
• Any financial contributions need to be deposited directly into the Little Fighters Cancer Trust’s bank account, as we need to be able to issue Section 18A tax certificates and receipts for donations.
How will it work?
• You will be issued with a Christmas Elf Certificate as well as a Letter of Authorisation, which gives you permission to collect goods and ask for donations on our behalf
• Your name, area and telephone number will be added to our main Christmas Elf Facebook post, so that members of the public know how to reach you to make arrangements to drop their donations with you.
• You will be added to a whatsapp group with all other Christmas Elves, and we will do a quick update once a week, to gauge how collections are going.
• The deadline for the collections is 14 November 2016.
• In the week running up to 14 November, LFCT will make arrangements with you to have the donations collected from you, wherever you are in South Africa, and brought to Santa’s Factory in Paarl, from where we will sort, pack and distribute. The transport is fully sponsored, so will not cost our Elves anything! THANK YOU KARGO NATIONAL! We only ask that you pack the donations neatly into sturdy boxes, so that it reaches us in tip-top condition.
We have to start doing Hospital Deliveries during the last week of November at some of the Hospitals due to their own schedules around the Festive Season. Unfortunately, we cannot take volunteers with when we do the deliveries – Children with Cancer have very low immune systems and is a very high infection risk, so the Hospitals do not allow us to go into the wards with many people.
We will however, take photographs of the deliveries where the hospitals will allow us to do so and post them so that you can see exactly how much of an impact your hard work as a Christmas Elf has created!
If you are ready to register and don your green Elf tights and jingle those bells, please e-mail Mandie to get your registration sorted.
You will receive:
• Your personalised Christmas Elf Certificate, which you can also use as an advertisement either on your personal social media platforms, or print as a poster.
• Your official Letter of Authorisation, with which you can approach public and business donors. This will also explain our B-BEEE level and tax plus B-BEEE score benefits to any businesses who would like to contribute.
• Direct contact details for 24/7 Support in the North Pole
So, are you excited to join the 2016 LFCT Christmas Elf Team yet? If you are ready to make Christmas an unforgettable experience for our Little Fighters, please contact us via our Contact Page and use Christmas Elf as the subject.
Christmas is for Children
Christmas is for children –
At least that’s what they say,
It’s time of wide-eyed wonder,
A magic holiday.
When candy canes and gingerbread
Fill tummies with delight
And little sleepyheads try hard
To stay up through the night.
Yes, Christmas is for children-
Anyone will tell you so.
The twinkling, coloured lights on trees
Make youngsters’ eyes just glow!
Each package and each stocking
Is approached with childish joy
And toys bring squeals of laughter
From each eager girl and boy.
Yes, Christmas is for children –
All they say is true.
How wonderful that at Christmas time –
Grownups are children, too!
~ Anonymous ~