What Goes Down at LFCT’s Santa’s Workshop
As anyone who knows anything about a non-profit organisation knows, there is no such thing as a “job-description” because no matter whether you are management or janitorial staff, when the chips are down, you jump in and do what is needed at the time…
… This is never more true than at the end of each year when our Christmas Elf Project takes place…
Here is a little glance into what goes on in the LFCT Santa’s Workshop once all the gifts that have been donated/bought have been collected from our Christmas Elves and transported to the LFCT Santa Workshop ( which is housed in our “Office” – the home of the Founders of LFCT).
To get all these wonderful presents to our Little Fighters in hospital and at home every year, the following must happen:
- A request for Christmas Elves is put out
- A complete list of Little Fighters details (name, age, gender, where they are situated, etc.) is compiled
- A request for Donations is put out (again and again)
- Donations are collected or dropped off at Christmas Elf Collection Points
- Donations are collected from Christmas Elf Collection Points and delivered to the “Office”
- Donations are sorted into age groups (see colourful packets), gender etc.
- Additional Gifts are purchased (using reserve funding) to fill in/top up where necessary
- Snack Packs are bought, collected, sorted, and packed
- Family Grocery Deliveries are sourced, collected, sorted, and packed
- All Christmas Gifts are wrapped, individually tagged with a Little Fighter’s name, and packed ready for delivery
- Gifts are dispatched, via Kargo National Pty Ltd, to volunteers Nationwide for distribution
- Local Christmas Gifts are delivered by Mandie, Tommy & Co
- Family Grocery Deliveries are done by Kargo National Pty Ltd
The pictures above depict only two hospital deliveries worth of gifting and a small portion of the Family Gifting that LFCT does.
All Christmas Elf Gifts, Family Gifting and Family Grocery Deliveries have now been done Nationwide, and everyone is suitably exhausted, but happy in the knowledge that once again LFCT (with YOUR help) has once again brought some Christmas Joy into the lives of our Little Fighters and their Families.
The work of Team LFCT is never finished, however ~ while we will be slowing down somewhat over the next few weeks, support will continue; fundraising will continue; planning next year’s projects will continue…
Our Reserve Funding is now completely depleted, which means that we are once again desperately in need of funding, so if you would like to make a donation to help us continue with our good work, please do so in the Spirit of Giving.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust is a registered NPO with PBO status. This affords private and corporate donors the taxation benefits as set out in Section 18A.
BEE score points are also accumulated.
Trust Reg No: IT2817/2010
NPO No: 089 376
PBO No: 930037657
Account Holder: Little Fighters Cancer Organization
Bank: FNB Paarl Mall
Account No: 62277783249
Branch code: 250057
Swift code for international donations: FIRNZAJJ
Trust Reg No: IT2817/2010
PayPal – Donations
Posted on 22 December, 2016, in Blog and tagged Childhood Cancer Awareness, Children with Cancer, Christmas Elves, Family Grocery Deliveries, LFCT, Little Fighters, Little Fighters Cancer Trust, pediatric cancer awareness, Santa's Workshop, south africa. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.