Wishlist Wednesday: Snug As a Bug Project
While we have been focusing on our Get WRAPPED project of late, wherein the Little Fighters Cancer Trust has been very busy collecting soft, warm blankets in which to wrap our Little Fighters both in hospital and at home against the biting cold, especially during treatments, those deliveries will occur imminently and we are soon to launch our next winter project, Snug As a Bug – for the 5th Year!
Our Snug As a Bug Project encompasses collecting and distributing warm winter clothing for our Little Fighters – both those who are in hospital and those who are still undergoing treatment but are currently at home because the Little Fighters Cancer Trust understands that Families in which there is a Child with Cancer are so cash-strapped due to only one parent working and all the extra expenses because of the cancer that they cannot afford to purchase new clothing.
Children with Cancer get really cold due to the treatments they are undergoing, such as Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy, as well as due to their severely impaired immune systems, and cannot afford to get a cold or the flu so need to stay warm!
Please note that as with the blankets, we can only gift our Little Fighters with NEW clothing due to their impaired immune systems making them VERY prone to infections.
We have many Little Fighters in desperate need of a simple necessity…….warm clothes!
We therefore ask that when doing your month-end shopping, you add one or two items of much-needed clothing for our Little Fighters as per the list below. Many department stores and clothing stores currently have sales on so you can get something great for a minimal amount.
The list of needs for Winter is:
- Winter Fleecy Tops: Boys and Girls, Sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Winter Long Pants: Boys and Girls, Sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Long Sleeved T-Shirts: Boys and Girls, Sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Warm Winter Pantyhose for Girls, Sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Winter Vests: Boys and Girls, All Sizes
- Long-Johns and Tights: Boys and Girls, All Sizes
- Winter Skirts for Girls, Sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Pajamas: Boys and Girls, all Sizes
- Socks: Boys and Girls, all Sizes
- Panties for girls, underpants for boys, sizes: 2-3 years; 4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-9 years, 9-10 years
- Tracksuits: Boys and Girls, all Sizes
All of the above is also needed in small, medium and large for our Teenage Cancer Fighters
You can also donate financially, as, with our NPO status we are able to get some great bulk-buy discounts and can buy exactly what we still need so that our Little Fighters can get warm winter clothing that actually fits them.
Account Holder: Little Fighters Cancer Trust
Bank: FNB Paarl Mall
Account No: 62380183013
Branch code: 250057
Swift code for international donations: FIRNZAJJ
Trust Reg No: IT2817/2010
PayPal – Donations
Please mark all financial donations for this project “SNUG” so that we know where to allocate the money.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust is a registered NPO with PBO status. This affords private and corporate donors the taxation benefits as set out in Section 18A.
BEE score points are also accumulated.
Trust Reg No: IT2817/2010
NPO No: 089 376
PBO No: 930037657
Corporate contributions will receive full tax and BBEEE benefits, so please also speak to your boss about this drive!
Posted on 28 June, 2017, in Blog and tagged childhood cancer, Children with Cancer, Fighting Cancer, LFCT, Little Fighters, Little Fighters Cancer Trust, Snug as A Bug, Wishlist Wednesday. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.