Wishlist Wednesday: Mandela Day Activities
Most of you who are on our Facebook Page will know that the Little Fighters Cancer Trust suffered the loss of around R50 000 worth of donations (including blankets for our Get Wrapped Project) due to leakages and flooding caused by the heavy rainstorm we had in the Western Cape last month.
While we are, together with our insurance company, busy resolving that problem, the various other problems at our headquarters, including a lack of sufficient space, means that we once again have to move….
We have fortunately found great new premises just up the road and are moving on the 15th July – and here is where you come in….
While we usually do our bit for our Little Fighters and their Families on Mandela Day via our Mandela Day Project, this year it is US who need help.
If any of you in the Paarl area are still looking for something to do as your Mandela Day Activity (67 minutes for Mandela), we are in need of your help!
We need a LOT of hands-on help from 14-20 July
- Help pack
- Help move (only two buildings down the road!)
- Put up shelving
- Build desks and counters
- Clean and prettify
- Put up signage
Other Ways You Can Help
- Do a second-hand drive among staff, friends and family and deliver your donation, price, record the stock and pack out on shelves
- We are in urgent need of shelving and clothing rails, a front-of-shop counter, a couple of desks and tables.
- If you perhaps have any of these items that you are willing to donate we will gladly take them off your hands.
- Alternatively you could make a financial donation for us to buy what we need (please mark all financial donations “Fittings“)
To ensure you partner with the Little Fighters Cancer Trust to make a difference, please contact us as soon as possible to confirm your involvement!
Contact Mandie on:
Office Hours: 021 870 1282
Cell: 073 729 6155
Posted on 5 July, 2017, in Blog and tagged 67 minutes for Mandela, childhood cancer, Children with Cancer, Fighting Cancer, LFCT, Little Fighters Cancer Trust, mandela day. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.