✨Foodie Friday✨ Quick 3 Ingredient Recipes
How much would you love to be able to make a quick, tasty meal for your Child with Cancer that they are sure to enjoy?
No time to spend in the kitchen slaving over a stove for hours on end to cook the family a meal or even make a nice little snack because you are too busy helping your Child with Cancer feel more comfortable in their bed, giving them pain meds, comforting them while they are puking or running them to the doctor or clinic?
Have to choose between spending some time with your other children when having a little break or standing in the kitchen preparing meals?
NO problem, help is at hand. Today we are bringing you some easy-to-make, delicious recipes for which you only require three ingredients.
3 Ingredient Flourless Cheesy Breadsticks
The easiest cheesy breadsticks. Three ingredients and they are low carb and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
for the topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 23 x 23 cm square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add 1 1/2 cups cheese, eggs and seasoning. Blend until everything is combined.
- Scoop out batter into baking pan. Carefully spread mixture until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes. (The crust should be fairly firm with no wet dough remaining on top).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Carefully remove crust off of parchment paper and place onto an oven-safe cooling rack. The cooling rack will help allow the bottom to crisp up.
- Sprinkle surface with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. If desired, you can substitute 2 tbsp of mozzarella for 2 tbsp of parmesan which gives it a little different flavour.
- Place cooling rack into the oven and cook breadsticks for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and blistered.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley before cutting and serving.
You can add in other cheese blends for more variation but I recommend that the crust be mainly mozzarella cheese as some cheeses, like cheddar, will cause the crust to be too salty.
3 Ingredient Chicken Casserole
This 3 ingredient chicken casserole recipe is a great start for beginners in the kitchen and a chance for you to get creative with ingredients you’re bound to have to hand.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tin (420g) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 4 large washed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease a square 20cm x 20cm baking dish and set aside. Gather your ingredients.
- Remove all meat from chicken and chop. Heat the condensed soup in a frying pan over medium heat until warmed. Add chicken and bring to the boil. You may need to add 1/2 cup of water if it is too thick. Remove from heat.
- Pour chicken mixture into the baking dish. Slice potatoes thinly and place overlapping each slice to cover the entire dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- Add a tablespoon of dried thyme to the chicken mixture for a flavour boost, pour a bag of frozen mixed vegetables into the chicken mixture before you bring it to the boil or top it with fluffy mashed potatoes.
- The lovely cooking juices in the bottom of the chicken are very tasty – add them to the chicken for extra flavour.
- You may need to add a little water to the chicken mixture to make a thinner gravy consistency.
3 Ingredient Christmas Cake
This Christmas cake has just three ingredients! It is super-easy and it’s perfect for cooking with the kids or when you are on a budget.
- 1kg dried fruit with glace cherries
- 3 cups (750ml) chocolate milk
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- Place dried fruit in a bowl and pour over chocolate milk. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and set aside. Sift self-raising flour over the soaked fruit and stir the mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into lined tin and place in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the oven each hour to make sure that the top isn’t burning. If you think it will burn then make a cartouche (ring of baking paper) and place on top of the cake. Continue to cook until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- You can also make this recipe using iced coffee flavoured milk.
- Add some extra glace cherries and/or blanched almonds to the top of the cake for decoration.
3 Ingredient Banana Maple Ice Cream
This easy homemade ice cream only has three ingredients and no sugar. So it’s yummy and healthy. Just freeze, blend and eat immediately.
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place banana slices separately on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and place in a food processor with the milk and maple syrup. Pulse a couple of times and then process until you have a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately for a soft serve ice cream or place in the freezer for a hard ice cream texture.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra ice cream yumminess.
- Sprinkle with pecan nuts and a drizzle chocolate over if you want to be fancy
Posted on 10 November, 2017, in Blog, nutrition, recipes and tagged Child Cancer, Child Cancer Awareness, childhood cancer, Childhood Cancer Awareness, International Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Little Fighters, Little Fighters Cancer Trust, paediatric cancer, Pediatric cancer. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.